Kicking off the new year with healthy, maintainable eating habits will help give your body the energy it needs to do all the fun things you’ve resolved to do this year. Need some post-holiday detoxing tips? I find that starting each day with a 12-ounce glass of water and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice helps to jump start my metabolism and flushes out lingering toxins. I’m also a big believer in loading up on vegetables instead of fruit in my morning smoothie. The greens give my body a longer lasting energy than the sugar from most fruit does.
To try out this delicious green smoothie, combine a few servings of organic vegetables, a bit of liquid, some frozen blueberries, and your favorite protein powder in your blender and ta-da! You’ll be detoxing and feeling vibrant on the inside and out.
Recipe: (Make 2-4 servings)
- – 2 leaves of organic kale (any kind)
- – 1 cup of organic lettuce
- – 1/2 cup of organic frozen blueberries
- – 1 cup of organic frozen spinach
- – 1 scoop Vega One (my favorite flavor is Vanilla Chai, or you can add your favorite protein powder)
- – 2 cups almond milk, or any liquid
- – 1-2 cups of water (depending on the consistency you like)
- – 3 stems of organic cilantro (optional)
Cheers to a healthy and happy 2015!!